ARCHITECTURAL STUDIES
ARIZONA BILTMORE
ARTS & CRAFTS
AUSGEFUHRTE BAUTEN
BIOGRAPHIES
BROADACRE CITY
CHAIRS
CHAPTERS ON & BY WRIGHT
CHICAGO
CHICAGO SCHOOL
CHILDREN'S
CHURCHS
CONVERSATIONS
COPPER URN
DANA-THOMAS HOUSE
DECORATIVE DESIGNS
DOMINO'S
DRAWINGS
ENNIS-BROWN
EVE OF ST. AGNES
EXHIBITIONS
FALLINGWATER
FLORIDA SOUTHERN COLLEGE
FLW FOUNDATION
FURNITURE
GA SERIES
GLASS
GUGGENHEIM
GUIDES
HERITAGE-HENREDON
HOME & STUDIO (OAK PARK)
HOMES & BLDS: GENERAL
HOMES & BLDS: SPECIFIC
HOTEL GENEVA
IANNELLI
IMPERIAL HOTEL
INTERIOR DESIGN
JAPAN
LANDSCAPE
LARKIN BUILDING
MADISON WISC
MAMAH BORTHWICK CHENEY
MARIN COUNTY
MIDWAY GARDENS
MILE HIGH
MODELS BY WRIGHT
NAKOMA
NEW THEATRE
OAK PARK HOMES
PETERS (WES)
PHOTOGRAPHERS
PICTORIAL ESSAYS
PRAIRIE SCHOOL
PRINTING PROCESS
PROJECTS
ROBIE HOUSE
ROLOSON ROWHOUSES
SCHUMACHER
SC JOHNSON
SEYMOUR, RALPH FLETCHER
SIXTY YEARS EXHIB 1951-56
STORRER
STUDIES
SULLIVAN, LOUIS
TALIESIN FELLOWSHIP
TALIESIN (SPRING GREEN)
TALIESIN WEST
UNITY TEMPLE
USONIA
USONIAN AUTOMATIC HOMES
WEED HOLDER
WENDINGEN
WRIGHT CHILDREN
WRIGHT,  FRANK LLOYD
WRIGHT &
WRIGHT FURNISHINGS
WRITINGS BY WRIGHT
 

NOW AVAILABLE CLICK TO ORDER

 
ILLINOIS
   
   ADAMS    ANGSTER    BAGLEY    BAKER    BALDWIN    BOOTH    BORAH    BRADLEY    BRIGHAM    BROWN    BURLEIGH    CARR    CHICAGO 
  CHICAGO & MILWAUKEE RAILWAY STATION    CLARK (IRVING)    CLARK (ROBERT)    COONLEY    DANA    DUNCAN    EMMOND    FABYAN  
  FREDRICK    FREEMAN    FRIEDMAN    FULLER    GLASNER    GLORE    GOAN    GREENE    GRIDLEY    HENDERSON    HEBERT    HICKOX  
  HEISEN    HOYT    HUNT    IRVING    JOHNSON    KIER    KISSAM    LAURENT    LEWIS (BURLEIGH)    LEWIS (LLOYD)    LITTLE I    MCELWAIN  
  MILLARD    MUIRHEAD    NICHOLS    OAK PARK & RIVER FOREST    PARK RIDGE COUNTRY CLUB    PERRY    PETTIT    POST    RAVINE BLUFFS 
  ROOT    ROSS    SCOTT    SMITH    TOMAK    WILLETS 

OTHER HOMES
   
SHERMAN M. BOOTH RESIDENCE (1915 - S.187)
   
Date: 1981

Title: Sherman M. Booth Residence Library Table (1915 - S.187) 1981.

Description: Possibly a library or print table. Designed for the Booth Residence, Glencoe, Illinois, in 1915. Three shelves set between two cabinets. Cabinet doors open outward. Hand written on verso (by Kelmscott Gallery): "Booth". Acquired from Kelmscott Galleries.

Size: One 4 x 6 color photograph plus four additional detail 4 x 6 color photographs.

ST#: 1981.135.0413

   
Date: 1987

Title: Sherman M. Booth Residence Floor Lamp 1987 (1915 - S.187).

Description: Two 8 x 10 B&W photographs and set of 8 - 35mm B&W negatives. This floor lamp was originally designed in 1915 by Frank Lloyd Wright for Sherman Booth Residence of Glencoe, IL. Illustrated in "Frank Lloyd Wright: Interiors and Furniture," Heinz, 1994, p. 157. Caption: "Derived from the Japanese print stand used in the exhibition at the Art Institute of Chicago." Constructed of walnut, lamp shade is silk. Size: 64'' H x 10'' W x 14.5'' Photographed December 25, 1987. Negative #8 - 13) Three-quarter view. Negative #14 - 15) Straight on view.

Size: Two 8 x 10 B&W photographs and set of 8 - 35mm B&W negatives.

ST#:
1987.102.0214 (1), 1987.102.0214 (2), 1987.102.0214 (3-10)


   
Date: 1995

Title: Sherman M. Booth Residence Library Table (1915 - S.187) 1995.

Description: Designed by Frank Lloyd Wright 1916. Walnut, poplar, oak, and brass. 34 x 108 x 38 inches. Published in "Frank Lloyd Wright and George Mann Niedecken", 1999, p. 55. Wright designed a similar table for the Bogk Residence (p. 54). Acquired from the Kelmscott Galleries. Stamped on verso: "Date Used Oct 8 1995."

Size: Original 7 x 5 B&W photograph.

ST#: 1995.67.0214

   
   
   
B. HARLEY BRADLEY RESIDENCE & STABLE (1900 - S.052 & S.053)
 
Date: 1906

Title: The Architectural Annual (Hard Cover) (Published by The Architectural League of America)

Author: Architectural League of America

Description: Includes three photographs related to Frank Lloyd Wright’s work. Exterior of the Warren Hickox Residence (1900), exterior of the B. Harley Bradley Residence (1900). Caption: "Two Residences at Kankakee, Ill. Frank Lloyd Wright, Architect, Chicago." Interior living room of the B. Harley Bradley Residence. Caption: "Residence Interior. Frank Lloyd Wright, Architect, Chicago." Also includes work by Robert C. Spencer, Howard Shaw and Adler & Sullivan. Original list price $2.00. (First Edition)

Size: 8.5 x 10.75

Pages: Pp 190

S#:
0064.21.1017


   

Left: Exterior of the B. Harley Bradley Residence (1900). Caption: "...Residence at Kankakee, Ill. Frank Lloyd Wright, Architect, Chicago."

Right: Interior living room of the B. Harley Bradley Residence. Caption: Caption: "Residence Interior. Frank Lloyd Wright, Architect, Chicago."
   
Date: 1953

Title: Yesteryear Restaurant, Kankakee, IL.  Bradley Residence.

Description: Between 1953 and 1983, the house served as the Yesteryear Restaurant.  Drawing by R. Misselhorn. 

Size: 5.5 x 3.5

S#: 0987.08.0406

   
Date: Circa 1980

Title: B. Harley Bradley Residence Circa 1980 (1900 - S.052).

Description: Warren Hickox, Sr. purchased two adjoining lots and gives one to his daughter Anna Hickox Bradley and the other to his son Warren Hickox, Jr. In 1900, both hired
Frank Lloyd Wright to design homes for the properties. The Bradley residence was built in 1901. They live in the home for 13 years, and between 1913 to 1953 it has three different owners. In 1953, Marvin Hammack and Ray Schimel. Purchase the home and convert it to the "Yesteryear" restaurant and continued as a restaurant until 1984 when it is sold again. In 2005, the home was sold to the Halls who restored the home and stables to its original design.

Size: Original 4 x 3 Color Polaroid.

ST#: 1
980.37.0317
   
   
   
WILLIAM B. GREENE RESIDENCE (1912 - S.176)
 
Date: 1981

Title: William B. Greene Residence Sideboard (1912 - S.176) 1981.

Description: William B. Greene was an industrialist in Aurora, Ill. He commissioned Frank Lloyd Wright to design his house in 1912. It is one of only four Wright houses in the area. Front view. Lower cabinet has five doors. Upper section includes three rows of drawers. Top row split into three drawers. Second and third are single drawers. Cassina’s reproduction: Aurora 624 Sideboard. Manufactured without the lower drawer. Cassina’s dimension: 80.7 (W) x 42.9 (H) x 19.7 (D). Acquired from Kelmscott Galleries.

Size: Original 4 x 5 Color photograph.

ST#: 1981.129.0413

   
   
   
A. W. GRIDLEY RESIDENCE (1906 - S.121)
   
Date: C 1940

Title: A. W. Gridley Residence Circa 1940 (1906 - S.121) Batavia.

Description: Viewed from the Southeast. The covered porch is on the far left, the the Living Room and Terrace in the center. Set on a large rural 2.3 acres lot in Batavia, Illinois, it is on a corner lot, but set back from the street. A large two-story house, there is a covered porch on the South side, with a extensive terrace on the East. Its 5,000 square feet allows for six bedrooms and three bath upstairs, which includes the servants bedroom and bath. A perfect example of Wright’s prairie styled houses. Low-pitched roof, horizontal bands of trim and rows of casement windows. There are three Roman brick fireplaces, two on the first floor and one on the second.

Size: Photographed by Gilman Lane. 10 x 8 B&W photograph.

S#:
0531.70.1217
Date: C 1940

Title: A. W. Gridley Residence Circa 1940 (1906 - S.121) Batavia.

Description: Viewed from the Northwest. On the first floor, the Study is on the far left. The Kitchen is in the center, the Servants room is on the right. Built in 1906, the Mrs. A. W. Gridley House was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, who named it Ravine House, because of the gently sloping wild flower ravine on the south side of the original 15-acre site. With a low – pitch hip roof, projecting eaves, uninterrupted cedar trim and casement windows grouped into horizontal bands, the 14-room stucco and wood house is an excellent example of Wright’s prairie style architecture. Wright’s plan included a stucco wall surrounding the front wing which was later removed and a barn that was never built. Photographed by Gilman Lane.

Size: 10 x 8 B&W photograph.

S#:
0531.71.1217
   
Date: 2002

Title: A. W. Gridley Residence 2002 (1906 - S.121) Batavia.

Description: 1) Viewed from the Southwest. On the first floor, the servants quarters is on the left. The Dining Room is in the center, and the covered Porch is to the right. Set on a large rural 2.3 acres lot in Batavia, Illinois, it is on a corner lot, but set back from the street. A large two-story house, there is a covered porch on the South side, with a extensive terrace on the East. Its 5,000 square feet allows for six bedrooms and three bath upstairs, which includes the servants bedroom and bath. Photographed by Douglas M. Steiner in September 2002.

Size: Set of eight 35mm slides and 14" x 9" high res digital images.

ST#:
2002.127.1217 (1)
   
Date: 2002

Title: A. W. Gridley Residence 2002 (1906 - S.121) Batavia.

Description: 2) Viewed from the Southwest. On the first floor, the servants quarters is on the left. The Dining Room is in the center, and the covered Porch is to the right. Bedrooms are on the second floor. A perfect example of Wright’s prairie styled houses. Low-pitched roof, horizontal bands of trim and rows of casement windows. There are three Roman brick fireplaces, two on the first floor and one on the second. Photographed by Douglas M. Steiner in September 2002.

Size: Set of eight 35mm slides and 14" x 9" high res digital images.

ST#: 2002.127.1217 (2)
   
Date: 2002

Title: 3) A. W. Gridley Residence 2002 (1906 - S.121) Batavia.

Description: 3) Viewed from the South. On the first floor, the servants quarters is on the left. The covered Porch and Dining Room is in the center, and the Living Room is to the right. Built in 1906, the Mrs. A. W. Gridley House was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, who named it Ravine House, because of the gently sloping wild flower ravine on the south side of the original 15-acre site. Photographed by Douglas M. Steiner in September 2002.

Size: Set of eight 35mm slides and 14" x 9" high res digital images.

ST#: 2002.127.1217 (3)
   
Date: 2002

Title: A. W. Gridley Residence 2002 (1906 - S.121) Batavia.

Description: 4) Viewed from the Southeast. On the first floor, the covered Porch is on the left, the Dining Room is in the center, and the Living Room is to the right. With a low – pitch hip roof, projecting eaves, uninterrupted cedar trim and casement windows grouped into horizontal bands, the 14-room stucco and wood house is an excellent example of Wright’s prairie style architecture. Wright’s plan included a stucco wall surrounding the front wing which has been removed and a barn that was never built. Photographed by Douglas M. Steiner in September 2002.

Size: Set of eight 35mm slides and 14" x 9" high res digital images.

ST#: 2002.127.1217 (4)
   
Date: 2002

Title: A. W. Gridley Residence 2002 (1906 - S.121) Batavia.

Description: 5) Viewed from the Southeast. The house is on a beautifully landscaped lot. In 1912, the house was sold to Frank Snow, president of Batavia’s Challenge Feed Mill and Wind Mill Co mpany. Members of the family lived in the house, which is listed in the national Registry of his stork places, until 1981. Photographed by Douglas M. Steiner in September 2002.

Size: Set of eight 35mm slides and 14" x 9" high res digital images.

ST#: 2002.127.1217 (5)
   
Date: 2002

Title: A. W. Gridley Residence 2002 (1906 - S.121) Batavia.

Description: 6) Viewed from the East. The covered Porch is to the left, the Living Room is in the center, the Study is to the far right. All restoration work, including a small kitchen addition, was carefully designed to retain the original integrity of the landmark house. Photographed by Douglas M. Steiner in September 2002.

Size: Set of eight 35mm slides and 14" x 9" high res digital images.

ST#: 2002.127.1217 (6)
   
Date: 2002

Title: A. W. Gridley Residence 2002 (1906 - S.121) Batavia.

Description: 7) Viewed from the East. The Living Room is on the left, the Study is to the far right. Photographed by Douglas M. Steiner in September 2002.

Size: Set of eight 35mm slides and 14" x 9" high res digital images.

ST#: 2002.127.1217 (7)
   
  Date: 2002

Title: A. W. Gridley Residence 2002 (1906 - S.121) Batavia.

Description: 8) Informational sign. "Built in 1906, the Mrs. A. W. Gridley House was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, who named it Ravine House, because of the gently sloping wild flower ravine on the south side of the original 15-acre site. With a low – pitch hip roof, projecting eaves, uninterrupted cedar trim and casement windows grouped into horizontal bands, the 14-room stucco and wood house is an excellent example of Wright’s prairie style architecture. Wright’s plan included a stucco wall surrounding the front wing which has been removed and a barn that was never built. In 1912, the house was sold to Frank Snow, president of Batavia’s Challenge Feed Mill and Wind Mill Company. Members of the family lived in the house, which is listed in the national Registry of his stork places, until 1981. All restoration work, including a small kitchen addition, was carefully designed to retain the original integrity of the landmark house." Photographed by Douglas M. Steiner in September 2002.

Size: Set of eight 35mm slides and 14" x 9" high res digital images.

ST#: 2002.127.1217 (8)
   
   
   
P. D. HOYT RESIDENCE  (1906 - S.120)
   
Date: 2002

Title: P. D. Hoyt Residence, Geneva, Illinois 2002 (1906 - S.120).

Description: 1) Set of 3 images from a trip to Geneva in September, 2002. View of the Hoyt Residence from the East. A wall at the front of the property and the mature landscaping blocks the view of the home. Frank Lloyd Wright designed his home in 1906. Photographed by Douglas M. Steiner in 2002.

Size: Original 35mm negative and 4 x 6 color print, 9 x 14 high res digital image.

ST#:
2002.138.0519-1
   
Date: 2002

Title: P. D. Hoyt Residence, Geneva, Illinois 2002 (1906 - S.120).

Description: 2) Set of 3 images from a trip to Geneva in September, 2002. View of the Hoyt Residence from the East. A wall at the front of the property and the mature landscaping blocks the view of the home. Frank Lloyd Wright designed his home in 1906. Photographed by Douglas M. Steiner in 2002.

Size: Original 35mm negative and 4 x 6 color print, 9 x 14 high res digital image.

ST#:
2002.138.0519-2
   
Date: 2002

Title: P. D. Hoyt Residence, Geneva, Illinois 2002 (1906 - S.120).

Description: 3) Set of 3 images from a trip to Geneva in September, 2002. View of the Hoyt Residence from the East. A wall at the front of the property and the mature landscaping blocks the view of the home. Frank Lloyd Wright designed his home in 1906. Photographed by Douglas M. Steiner in 2002.

Size: Original 35mm negative and 4 x 6 color print, 9 x 14 high res digital image.

ST#:
2002.138.0519-3
   
   
   
RAVINE BLUFFS ARCHITECURAL FEATURES & STREET LAMP (1915 - S.185)
   

S.185.1 is at the west end of Sylvan Road
Date: 2002

Title: Ravine Bluffs Architectural Features and Street Lamp 2002 (1915 - S.185.1-3).

Description: In 1911, Frank Lloyd Wright was commissioned by Sherman Booth to design a suburban development in Glencoe, Illinois, the Ravine Bluffs Development. Sherman Booth was Frank Lloyd Wright’s attorney at that time. The project included both public and private buildings. The town Hall, an art gallery, as-well-as the infrastructure for the community. Of all the structures that were designed, the Ravine Bluffs Sculptures and Bridge, a train station, Sherman Booths Residence and six additional Houses were completed. The wait-station was demolished in the mid-1950s. There are three Ravine Bluffs Sculptures, all basically the same design. Geometric in design, there is a large circular vase on one end, a tall pedestal street lamp on the other with "Ravine Bluffs" embedded in the face of the concrete. Note: Lamp is missing. S.185.1 is at the west end of Sylvan Road; S.185.2 is at Franklin Road and Meadow; and S.185.3 is at the east end of Sylvan Road. Photographed by Douglas M. Steiner in September, 2002.

Size: Set of five 35mm slides and 14" x 9" high res digital images.

ST#:
2002.128.1217 (1-5)
   

Ravine Bluffs Architectural Features and Street Lamp. Geometric in design, there is a large circular vase on one end, a tall pedestal street lamp on the other with "Ravine Bluffs" embedded in the face of the concrete. Note: Lamp is missing. S.185.2 is at Franklin Road and Meadow. (ST#2002.128.1217 2-3)
   




Ravine Bluffs Architectural Features and Street Lamp. Geometric in design, there is a large circular vase on one end, a tall pedestal street lamp on the other with "Ravine Bluffs" embedded in the face of the concrete. Note: Lamp is missing. S.185.3 is at the east end of Sylvan Road. (ST#2002.128.1217 4-5)

























Example of Ravine Bluffs Street Lamp. Courtesy of the Glencoe Historical Society.)
   
   
   
RAVINE BLUFFS: CHICAGO & MILWAUKEE ELECTRIC STATION (1915)
   
Date: C 1929

Title: Ravine Bluffs: Chicago & Milwaukee Electric Railway Station Circa 1929 (1911 - FLLW.1123).

Description: Viewed from the East. One of two designs Frank Lloyd Wright created for Sherman Booth. This one had a flat roof, the second had a pitched roof. Located at the corner of Old Green Bay Road and Maple Hill in Glencoe, Illinois. Of interest is the barren landscaping. It featured a flat roof, a heated room in the winter, and a covered area when it rained. From 1911 - 1915, Frank Lloyd Wright was commissioned by Sherman Booth to design homes and a suburban development in Glencoe, Illinois, the Ravine Bluffs Development. The project included both public and private buildings. Sherman Booth House, Municipal Art Gallery, Sherman Booth Summer Cottage, Architectural Features for Parker Way, Glencoe Town Hall, Chicago & Milwaukee Electric Railway Stations, Sherman Booth Stable and Garage, Ravine Bluffs Bridge and Concrete Street Lamp, Sherman Booth House Scheme, Ravine Bluffs Development and Five Rental House. The electric trains ran until July 1955, and the stations that served the line were eventually demolished. Text etched in negative "Green Bay Rd, Glencoe. No 19." Courtesy of the Village of Glencoe, Illinois.

Size: 6 x 4.5 B&W photograph.

S#:
0228.32.1217
   
Date: C 1929

Title: Ravine Bluffs: Chicago & Milwaukee Electric Railway Station Circa 1929 (1911 - FLLW.1123).

Description: Viewed from the South. One of two designs Frank Lloyd Wright created for Sherman Booth. This one had a flat roof, the second had a pitched roof. Located at the corner of Old Green Bay Road and Maple Hill in Glencoe, Illinois. It featured a flat roof, a heated room in the winter, and a covered area when it rained. From 1911 - 1915, Frank Lloyd Wright was commissioned by Sherman Booth to design homes and a suburban development in Glencoe, Illinois, the Ravine Bluffs Development. The project included both public and private buildings. Sherman Booth House, Municipal Art Gallery, Sherman Booth Summer Cottage, Architectural Features for Parker Way, Glencoe Town Hall, Chicago & Milwaukee Electric Railway Stations, Sherman Booth Stable and Garage, Ravine Bluffs Bridge and Concrete Street Lamp, Sherman Booth House Scheme, Ravine Bluffs Development and Five Rental House. The electric trains ran until July 1955, and the stations that served the line were eventually demolished. The sign to the right of the sidewalk reads "Do Not Cross In Front of Trains." Text etched in negative "Green Bay Rd, Glencoe. No 20." Courtesy of the Village of Glencoe, Illinois.

Size: 6 x 4.5 B&W photograph.

S#:
0228.33.1217
   
Date: C 1950

Title: Ravine Bluffs : Chicago & Milwaukee Electric Railway Station Circa 1950 (1911 - FLLW.1123).

Description: Viewed from the South. One of two designs FLW created for Sherman Booth. This one had a flat roof, the second had a pitched roof. Located at the corner of Old Green Bay Road and Maple Hill in Glencoe, Illinois. It featured a flat roof, a heated room in the winter, and a covered area when it rained. From 1911 - 1915, FLW was commissioned by Sherman Booth to design homes and a suburban development in Glencoe, Illinois, the Ravine Bluffs Development. The project included both public and private buildings. Sherman Booth House, Municipal Art Gallery, Sherman Booth Summer Cottage, Architectural Features for Parker Way, Glencoe Town Hall, Chicago & Milwaukee Electric Railway Stations, Sherman Booth Stable and Garage, Ravine Bluffs Bridge and Concrete Street Lamp, Sherman Booth House Scheme, Ravine Bluffs Development and Five Rental House. The electric trains ran until July 1955, and the stations that served the line were eventually demolished. The sign on the end of the station reads "Green Bay Road, Glencoe."

Size: 10 x 5.75 B&W photograph.

S#:
0831.67.1217
   
Date: 2016

Title: Ravine Bluffs: Chicago & Milwaukee Electric Railway Station Site 2016 (1911 - FLLW.1123).

Description: Viewed from the Southeast. Designed by Frank Lloyd Wright for Sherman Booth in 1911. It was located at the corner of Old Green Bay Road and Maple Hill in Glencoe, Illinois. It featured a flat roof, a heated room in the winter, and a covered area when it rained. From 1911 - 1915, Frank Lloyd Wright was commissioned by Sherman Booth to design homes and a suburban development in Glencoe, Illinois, the Ravine Bluffs Development. The project included both public and private buildings. Sherman Booth House, Municipal Art Gallery, Sherman Booth Summer Cottage, Architectural Features for Parker Way, Glencoe Town Hall, Chicago & Milwaukee Electric Railway Stations, Sherman Booth Stable and Garage, Ravine Bluffs Bridge and Concrete Street Lamp, Sherman Booth House Scheme, Ravine Bluffs Development and Five Rental House. The electric trains ran until July 1955, and the stations that served the line were eventually demolished. Photographed May, 2016. Courtesy of Google.

Size: 10.5 x 7 Color photograph.

ST#:
2016.24.1217
   
   
   
RAVINE BLUFFS: WILLIAM F. KIER RESIDENCE (1915 - S.190)
   



Date: 2002

Title: Ravine Bluffs: William F. Kier Residence 2002 (1915 - S.190).

Description: One of five rental homes designed by Frank Lloyd Wright for Sherman Booth. A square plan, refined from the Fireproof House Wright designed in1907 for the April issue of The Ladies’ Home Journal. The Root house is virtually the same layout as the Chesley R. Perry Residence, but flipped. The first floor includes the kitchen, Dining Room and a large Living Room, with a centrally located fireplace. The upstairs has three bedrooms, one bath and a Sleeping porch. Built as a rental, the house was named for the second owner of the home, not Sherman Booth who commissioned the home. Herbert Angster (S.169) was the first resident, but Kier purchased the property in 1919. Mrs. Herbert Angster was Sherman Booth’s sister.

Size: Two 35mm slides and 14" x 9" high res digital images.

ST#:
2002.131.1217 (1-2)
   
   
   
RAVINE BLUFFS: DANIEL KISSAM RESIDENCE (1915 - S.192)
   
Date: 2002

Title: Ravine Bluffs : Lute F. And Daniel Kissam Residence 2002 (1915 - S.192).

Description: One of five rental homes designed by Frank Lloyd Wright for Sherman Booth. A square plan, refined from the Fireproof House Wright designed in1907 for the April issue of The Ladies’ Home Journal. Like the Root house the roof is flat. The first floor includes the kitchen, Dining Room and a large Living Room, with a centrally located fireplace. The upstairs has three bedrooms, one bath and a Sleeping porch. The exterior is of wood and stucco.

Size: Two 35mm slides and 14" x 9" high res digital images.

ST#:
2002.132.1217 (1-2)
   
 
   
   
   
KENNETH & PHYLLIS LAURENT RESIDENCE (1949 - S.319)
   
Date: C 1965

Title: Kenneth & Phyllis Laurent Residence Exterior Circa 1965 (1949 - S.319).

Description: Designed by
Frank Lloyd Wright in 1949, it was the third "hemicycle" designed by Wright. The first was the Jacobs II (1944). He also designed the Meyer (1948), Laurent (1949), Pearce (1950), Lewis (1952), Marden (1952), Llewellyn Wright (1953), Cooke (1953), Rayward (1955) and the Spencer (1956). Kenneth Laurent was a paraplegic, so the home was designed with ease of accessibility for a wheelchair. Photographed by Wayne Andrews circa 1965. Label pasted to face: "University of California, Berkeley. 20c US. Wright, F.L.. Laurent House, 1951. Rockford, Illinois. Andrews 2825. Department of Architecture." Published in "Architecture in Chicago & Mid-America," Andrews, 1968/1973, p.129. Acquired from the archives of the University of California, Berkeley.

Size: Mounted to 14 x 11 gray board. Original 9.5 x 7.5 B&W photograph.

S#:
1628.64.1218
   
   
   
RAVINE BLUFFS: CHARLES (CHESLEY) R. PERRY RESIDENCE (1915 - S.188)
   
Date: 2002

Title: Ravine Bluffs: Charles R. Perry Residence 2002 (1915 - S.188).

Description: One of five rental homes designed by Frank Lloyd Wright for Sherman Booth. A square plan, refined from the Fireproof House Wright designed in1907 for the April issue of The Ladies’ Home Journal. The first floor includes the kitchen, Dining Room and a large Living Room, with a centrally located fireplace. The upstairs has three bedrooms, one bath and a Sleeping porch. Built as a rental, the house was named for the first resident of the home, not Sherman Booth who commissioned the home. It has been established that Charles’ name was actually Chesley R. Perry, who was married to Jessie Booth, one of Sherman Booth's sisters. It was conveyed to Chesley Perry by a warranty deed dated 1918 but not recorded until 1926. Photographed by Douglas M. Steiner in September, 2002.

Size: One 35mm slide and 14" x 9" high res digital image.

ST#:
2002.129.1217
   
   
   
RAVINE BLUFFS: HOLLIS R. ROOT RESIDENCE (1915 - S.189)
   
Date: 2002

Title: Ravine Bluffs: Hollis R. Root Residence 2002 (1915 - S.189).

Description: One of five rental homes designed by Frank Lloyd Wright for Sherman Booth. A square plan, refined from the Fireproof House Wright designed in1907 for the April issue of The Ladies’ Home Journal. The Root house is virtually the same layout as the Chesley R. Perry Residence, the only difference being a flat roof. The first floor includes the kitchen, Dining Room and a large Living Room, with a centrally located fireplace. The upstairs has three bedrooms, one bath and a Sleeping porch. Built as a rental, the house was named for the second owner of the home, not Sherman Booth who commissioned the home. S. J. Gilfillan was the first resident, but Root purchased the property in 1921.

Size: Three 35mm slides and 14" x 9" high res digital images.

ST#:
2002.130.1217 (1-3)
   
   
   
   

HOME   ARTIFACTS   AUDIO   BOOKS   PERIODICALS   PHOTOS   POSTCARDS   POSTERS   STAMPS   STUDIES   ASSISTING   ABOUT   SEARCH

To donate or pass on information, comments or questions:
info@wrightlibrary.com
©Copyright 2001, 2018